Friday, April 5, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Waffles

In our big push to clean out the basement and food storage area this week I came across three bottles of Apply Pie Filling that I'd secreted away after canning last fall. Of course, my plan when I hid them was to keep them for spring and it worked! I completely forgot they were there. 

When the kids caught site of them they wanted to open them up and eat them warm. (Now you know I why I had to hide them.) I said, "No way! I'm makin' waffles."

Since we're on spring break a big breakfast sounded good. And since I had plans to rope them into cleaning out the garage I wanted to butter them up with something good for breakfast. 


Click here to print this recipe.

Apple Cinnamon Waffles


Ingredients

Your favorite waffle mix, prepared according to package instructions
1 bottle/can apple pie filling
whipped cream

Directions

Preheat your waffle iron. Spray it well with non-stick cooking spray.
Spoon apple pie filling along the bottom of the waffle iron. Don't cover the whole thing, just put about a tablespoon of filling in each section.
Cover the pie filling with waffle batter.
Close the lid and cook until your waffle iron says it's done.
Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment