Friday, February 22, 2013

Finger Food Desserts

Getting ready to have friends over can be overwhelming. This week I hosted an evening for a group of ladies form my church. We were exchanging recipes and ideas for making dinner easier. Such a good time! I learned how to make taco bowls out of tortilla shells and some canned items I can store for quick dinners.

Whenever I'm gearing up to have people over I always have a list of things that need to be done. Some of them are must do's - like clean the bathroom. Some of them are middle ground do's - like I could mop the floor but I did it a couple of days ago and it would pass if I gave it a good sweep. And, some of them are would like to do's but no one's going to notice if I don't - like dusting the mop boards.

With all of this other stuff going through my head, I like to make things as easy as possible in the kitchen. Here are a few ideas I shared yesterday with the girls at ABC4's The Daily Dish.


There were
Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Brownie Bites with Chocolate Gnosh and white Chocolate Chunks
and Orange Cake Bites with Coconut Glaze

You can watch the clip here:


Perhaps one of these ideas will be your next grand success. I'd also love to hear what you use to impress the guest that doesn't take a lot of time. For example, I know one woman who has a system for making lemonade from real lemons. It's delicious and I always feel special that she went to so much trouble for us. Even though she swears it doesn't take her any time at all.

1 comment:

  1. We аrе a gaggle of νolunteегѕ and staгting а branԁ nеw scheme
    in our сommunіtу. Your web site ρroviԁed us with valuable info to ωork
    on. You've done an impressive activity and our whole community can be thankful to you.

    Look at my web page :: buy instagram likes

    ReplyDelete