I have been told that these are the best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies in the world.
Colkie and I made them for a friend's birthday. When we got there, she hid them away from her kids so she could eat all 12 by herself. I found no fault in this - it was her birthday after all. :-) If you teach your kids how to make them, they can cook you up a batch for your birthday. Trust me, it's worth the effort.
The skill to teach along with these cookies is: to cream. It means to beat butter and sugar together (and sometimes eggs) with a stand mixer or hand mixer. Creaming is different than beating together until combined. Feel free to show your kids the difference.
Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
For a printable version of this recipe click here.
Makes about 36 cookies
3/4 cup butter at room temperature
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 small box white chocolate pudding
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1. Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and beat well.
3. Add vanilla, baking soda, salt, flour and pudding. Mix well.
4. Add chocolate chunks.
5. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set.